As a faculty or staff member, you play an important role in helping students prepare for their future careers.
Many resources are available to help students connect their academic preparation with their career development. This blog post will provide an overview of some of these resources, including:
- Online career tools
- Career Readiness framework
- Career Education services
- Employer partnerships
- Alumni Connections
By using these resources, you can help students make the most of their college experience and prepare for a successful career.
- Request for Services – Want to partner with Career Development? Submit your request through this form to connect with Career Education, Career Readiness, Employer Partnerships, and Student-Alumni Connections.
- Handshake – Handshake is the go-to source for jobs, internships, employer connections, peer-to-peer insights, and career fair and event information. Whether exploring your options or targeting a specific path, Handshake can help. Handshake is where students and alumni can register for career events and request 1:1 career appointments.
- Career Edge (You’re Here) – All UST community members can join Career Edge to get the latest Career Development information, news, resources, and updates personalized to their interests and identities.
- St. Thomas Connect – St. Thomas Connect is a networking platform built to connect Tommies. The alumni on this platform know that students may be seeking their help on a variety of topics.
- GoinGlobal – GoinGlobal is a great database for any student hoping to work abroad or looking to relocate across the U.S. This resource features employment guidelines, including cultural advice around the career and job search, for dozens of countries. GoinGlobal also highlights American companies offering H-1B visas for international students.
- PathwayU – Online assessment tool that helps students explore different career pathways that make the most sense for their unique interests and values.
In today’s rapidly changing job market, it is more important than ever to equip our students with the skills and competencies they need to thrive in their chosen fields.
Career readiness is a critical component of this preparation, and it encompasses a wide range of transferrable skills and knowledge essential for success in any profession. By helping our students develop the competencies they need to be career-ready, we can ensure they are well-equipped to navigate the challenges and opportunities of the 21st-century workplace.
The Career Education team is dedicated to helping students develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their careers. We offer a variety of appointments including resume writing, job search strategy, graduate school exploration, mock interviews, and more.
We believe that it is important for students to start planning their careers early. That is why we offer our services to students of all levels, from freshmen to seniors, graduate students, and alumni. We also work with faculty to provide workshops during class time.
Our ongoing mission to bridge the education-industry gap is bringing faculty and employers together in an impactful way.
Our faculty-focused employer engagement strategies create a unique chance to connect with employers and industry experts. This collaboration lets you tap into their insights, expertise, and real-world knowledge, enriching our students’ experiences.
We’re eager to help you find and diversify alumni volunteers with whom students can build connections. Our ongoing mission is to help students build the necessary social capital to launch successful lives after St. Thomas.
Collaborating with us lets you tap into alumni insights, expertise, and real-world knowledge, enriching our students’ experience.